Completely remodeled in 2016. Near beaches, West Cliff Drive, restaurants, hiking, surfing, wineries/breweries, Boardwalk, Wharf, Natural Bridges, UCSC area, Hwy 1 beaches! Cozy house, perfect for entertaining, spending time with family/friends in classic laid back beach neighborhood in heart of Santa Cruz . 10-15 minute walk to beaches. Cable/Wifi.~1000sq ft. 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bath. 2 of the 6 beds are twins in a loft an recommended only for kids/teens 8 and older. No sofa beds/blow up beds.
This wonderful remodeled modern classic Santa Cruz beach bungalow , that packs a lot into its almost 1000 sq feet and is a great space to relax/entertain, go to beaches, & enjoy the many activities that Santa Cruz offers. The one thing it is not is a party house, and we do not allow them at all. Please note that we have strict quiet hours that we ask all guests to respect and understand that this is a residential neighborhood where people live and work
World class surf/surfing within a 5 minute drive (15-30 minute walk), famous beach boardwalk with rides/entertainment (2 miles away) , we are near state parks-Wilder Ranch/Natural Bridges/Pogonip, mountain biking, easy access to highway 1/Empire Grade which are gateways to amazing beaches/hiking/restaurants and we are located close to downtown (2.5 miles). Wonderful restaurants and cafes/coffee in neighborhood. A few minutes walk to West Cliff drive and local beaches.
There are 6 beds, however it is important to note that 2 of those beds (twins) are in a tiny open loft. Therefore for practical purposes please think of this home as having 4 beds. Access to the loft which is open to the full bedroom below is very steep and the loft has very low ceilings with very little space making it only appropriate for kids over 8 or small teens who can climb the ladder. The open loft/full bedroom has NO closets and must share with the master. The front bedroom has a bunkbed with a twin over a full (small bedroom) and the master is a lovely room with a queen and a closet. All bedrooms and the living room have flat screen TVs. We have cable internet and TV with HBO.
There is one indoor shower and one outdoor shower.
This is a wonderful space for small families or friends to gather. There is one parking spot in front of the house for one car and plenty of parking on street. We have a great small backyard for relaxing and entertaining with a gas BBQ
The house is stocked with sheets/towels/beach towels/ cooking necessities/spices/oils/soap/shampoo/etc to make your stay easy and a great place away from home.
Disponible para huéspedes
No parking in garage. The owner keeps her personal bikes/surfboards and other personal items in garage. You can access the garage for laundry and supplies .
Atención a los huéspedes
I am available by text/phone. I live an hour or two away (depending on traffic) I will send you a contract via docusign and send codes for entry 24-48 hours in advance
WESTSIDE BEACH BUNGALOW HOUSE MANUAL
Welcome to Santa Cruz. We hope you have a fantastic time. Everyone has different ideas about how to treat/behave in a vacation rental, therefore we have provided some basics & guidelines so we’re all on the same page!
Please make sure you go to 118-not 119. Its small & BLUE
Address: 118 Surfside, Santa Cruz, California, 95060.
INTERNET: surfside PASSWORD: boltbetty118.
PHONE: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Apple TV –No Remote. It is for the front door keypad only, leave powered on
Cable TV-HBO and cable TV. No ability to order movies.
BBQ-natural gas-not a tank. (turn OFF when not in use)
Beach supplies: we supply beach towels that are yellow/white striped or colored beach towels. Do not take white bath towels to the beach
ICE: There is no icemaker in fridge. Recommend stopping for ICE if needed
Bathroom Light The light in the bathroom with shower turns off after 10 minutes.
Parking: One spot in our small driveway in front of garage. Plenty on street.
Smoking: We are not smoking friendly for ANYTHING- this includes marijuana. If you must smoke go outside and pick up all your butts/waste.
WE SUPPLY:Linens for all beds. Towels for bath and beach. Extras are in the garage and also stored in bathroom cupboards, and may often be in dryer
Kitchen Essentials for cooking & eating for 8 people. We have a coffee maker, coffee grinder (Mr. Coffee), blender, microwave. Olive Oil, sugar, salt, pepper and basic spices. The kitchen is set up for basic cooking.
Cleaning Supplies: Dish soap, paper towel rolls- Mop, broom, vacuum, cleaning supplies (pine sol, windex, etc), dishwashing liquid, Laundry Soap,
Bathrooms: Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner in both showers, TP ,
1 blow dryer in each house
Other Iron and ironing board
• Arrival time is anytime after 4 p.m., Departure is promptly at 11 am, It seems silly to actually mention this, but that means you and your belongings are gone by 11am. Cleaner arrives at 11:05
• An unapproved late checkout will incur $50 for ANY portion of the first hour after 11a.m, and $50 for each successive hour. If your late let us know please for any reason.
• PETS. Not allowed, not even to visit please (unless service dog and we need paperwork and have a pet fee and contract)
• Beach Towels. Leave outside if sandy/wet. – Shake off sand outside before you wash.
• Beach Supplies: We don’t supply any. Please take yours with you.
• Laundry IN GARAGE. These are regular washers/dryers and cannot handle much SAND or gigantic loads. Shake off any items outside
• Sand. We understand it is a beach house. To minimize leave shoes outside, wash off your feet- body-sandy items in outside shower located on side of house. Vacuum & Sweep up sand
• Vacuum is located in garage
• Eat in the kitchen or outside. Eating in bedrooms/living room stains the duvets, couches, and carpets. We don’t like charging for stains.
• Keep Furniture where you found it.
• Turn off LIGHTS, HEAT, & WATER when not needed please.
• Water Use–Consider your water usage please. We are always conserving
• A/C: We prefer you to open windows first. Remember to turn it off when not in use. Same with Heat
• Let us know if anything breaks, rips, spills, gets damaged, or is not working ASAP: so we can replace or fix it for next guest.
• Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property is prohibited during quiet hours.
• Please Remove your shoes b4 u enter. Leave outside.
• Do not flush feminine hygiene products down the toilets.
• No pots and pans in the dishwasher.
• No steak knives or cutting knives in the dishwasher please
• Hot Pads-Coasters: We provide many, please use them
• Cutting Boards: Please don't cut on counters, plates or tabletops
• Wash your dishes. OK to leave a load of dishes drying in the dishwasher or clean items drying in the racks. We don’t inspect your dishes so please do a good job for the next guest.
• Please note sometimes we need to leave clean dishes in the dishwasher because someone did not do their dishes.
• Garbage :No fun Indeed . We don’t live here and the garbage is taken out only once a week. So here we go:
1. The tenant is responsible for taking bins to curb if garbage day falls during your visit.
2. The garbage day is FRIDAY, but please take it out THURSDAY night because they can an often do come at 3am! and make a ton of noise (LOL). The big bins are on side of driveway. Owner will often give a friendly text reminder on Thursday night.
3. The garbage has to be separated in the big bins outside. If there is garbage in the recycle they won’t take it and then we have to call them back and it costs you a $40 fee
4. If it is overfilled they wont take it -reduce, reuse, smush it down. Leave room for others.
• The Garage contains owner’s personal items. The bikes, surfboards, wetsuits and stuff labeled owner are not for use by tenants please.
• We ask that you respect our neighbors please. This is a residential area and we depend on good relationships with them.
• QUIET HOURS are 9PM-8AM weekdays and 10PM -8AM weekends. No Parties or Events Allowed
• No more than 12 people on the property for any gathering at any time.
• NO candles or fires or fire pits or open flames
• Please find the location of the FIRE EXTINGUISHER. (on top of fridge).
• There is a small box of bandaids on open shelves in kitchen
• Don’t sit on the furniture/beds WITH WET attire, OR SUNTAN OIL OR CREAM. It stains furniture/duvets and then we have to charge
• It is extremely difficult to send back forgotten items - we can’t be responsible for left items and shipping them.
• PLEASE Have a great time. And check out our vacation manual for recommendations or ask us to email you our faves in advance.
• (URL HIDDEN) also GOOD TIMES magazine at any local convenience shop or liquor store/mini mart . Chock full of fun stuff !!!!
*During winter months there is sump pump -IT sounds like water is turning on and off when it is on during the winter. It makes a swishy noise. Please leave plugged in at the back of the house
OWNER TEXT: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Please text her after 9am and not after 9pm unless it is urgent or an ER.
I have read the information above . We encourage you to read them to your group before the fun starts or send everyone a copy, so everyone is on the same page. They are also posted in each house.
Attended UCSC. Love the area