Our newly built home is set on an acre lot set back to a forest reserve and is conveniently located close to Pahoa Town, Pohoiki Bay, and the hot thermal ponds of Puna, and lava viewing in the Kalapana area. Enjoy a secluded island hideaway with all the needed amenities.
Our home is set amongst a very private back yard & jungle, landscaped with flowering and fruiting trees. Two sets of french doors from the living room and bedroom open up to the lanai which features an outdoor jacuzzi and grill.
Important note: Air BNB is not able to charge taxes for our rental therefore we must bill the 13.42% separately. It can be paid by check, cash, or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) anytime before or on the day of your arrival.
Disponible para huéspedes
The home and garden are for our guests to explore.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are in the area and are always able to give any support needed.
Otros aspectos destacables
Air BNB is not able to charge taxes for our rental therefore we must bill the 13.42% separately. It can be paid by check, cash, or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) anytime before or on the day of your arrival.
Conservation is key in Hawaii with Electricity
In Hawaii we pay the highest rate for electricity in the U.S
To maintain our daily rate we are now holding our guests accountable for above average use of electricity. We read the meter the day of your arrival and the day of your departure. If during your stay you are able to maintain the normal average usage ( $8 a day) a full refund of the deposit will be made. Should their be any overages the deposit will be deducted accordingly.
No smoking inside the house.
No shoes inside.
Please do not move large furniture to prevent scratching on the floor.
Please Conserve energy. Please keep spa off when not in use. It takes about a half an hour to heat. After each use, turn off the spa at the green breaker box, and recover the spa to maintain heat.
Hawaiian Retreat Rental Agreement
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlords have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
3. The home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins.
5. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.8. The Tenants shall have no more than the persons disclosed above reside or sleep on the premises.9. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
11. [Water and Septic: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for damages.
12. Landlords shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them...
13. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlords may maintain on the property, does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
14. Rental Deposit amount is fully refundable up to 60 days prior to the beginning of the rental period. After 60 days prior to the rental period the Landlord shall have the right to retain the initial Rental Deposit at the Landlord' discretion.
15. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
16. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
17. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
18. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
19. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
20. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the hot tub. Tenant is hereby notified that the hot tub can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved.
21. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
22. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
23. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
24. Tenant is advised that the property contains gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
25. The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
26. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
27. Tennant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
28. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, gate, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
30. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be help liable for condition of said items.
33. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlords. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
34. High-speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to Internet service.
35. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
-Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
BBQ Grill: Please clean when used, there is a bottom tray which will need to be cleaned after each use
Washer and Dryer: Please keep washer door ajar when not in use to dry out