Dreams do come true!! This cabin has it all - beautiful decor and furnishings in a private yet very centrally located setting--close to Boone and Blowing Rock!
This cabin is perfect for a family group or 3 couples, with 3 levels of privacy and multiple gathering spaces. The main level offers large great room with gleaming wood floors, stone fireplace with gas logs, vaulted ceilings and plenty of light. Great kitchen with stainless appliances, island with seating for 2 adjoins dining area with seating for 6. Completely set up for the serious cook and celebratory occasions. This level has queen bedroom and adjoining full bath.
Upstairs, there is a large loft with sofa and game table plus king bedroom and the second full bath, while the lower level has a very large den/game room with air hockey game, foosball, flat screen TV and a multitude of board games. The third bedroom (queen) and third full bath is here as well. Access to a large covered porch with hammock and adirondeck chairs plus a parking area right out the lower access door.
For savoring our beautiful mountain weather, the main level offers both covered and open deck areas with dining table, new grill plus porch swing and chairs. Or sit under the stars and enjoy s`mores around the outdoor fire pit!
Flying Pig Lodge is the ultimate vacation getaway, with true mountain ambiance in a beautiful natural setting and pretty views as well!
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bedroom 1: King bed, upstairs, private bath, sitting area in loft
Bedroom 2: Queen bed, main level
Bedroom 3: Queen bed, downstairs
Bathroom 1: toilet, shower
Bathroom 2: toilet, shower
Bathroom 3: toilet, shower
-Air Hockey Table
-1 Gas Fireplace
-Board Game collection
-Soft Mountain View
-Ceiling fans on covered deck
-Outdoor dining for 6
-Dining Area Seating for 6
-Linens & Towels provided
-Iron & Board
-4wd Required for winter months
-Dishes & Utensils
-Refrigerator with ice maker
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to entire house
Atención a los huéspedes
We will communicate via email or phone as needed. Guest will be given 24 hour emergency number to use during their stay in case of an after hours emergency.
Otros aspectos destacables
4wd REQUIRED for winter months
This listing is broker managed
No pets allowed
Check in 3pm, check out 11am
4WD required during winter months
No parties or events
Maximum occupancy for this home is 6
Guests must be 25 or older or accompanied by adult guardians
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE
PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
Booking through Airbnb binds guests to this rental agreement
(“Agent”) Real Estate Agency: Blowing Rock Properties
Agent, as agent of the owner, hereby rents to Tenant, and Tenant hereby rents from Agent, the vacation property described below (referred to hereafter as the “Premises”) on the terms contained in this Agreement.
1. Premises. City of Blowing Rock
County of Watauga
Name of Premises: Flying Pig Lodge
2. Term is as specified in AirBNB’s booking summary
3. Rental specifics. Guest and owner agree to the specific terms of the vacation rental booking as set forth on the booking summary page, including without limitation, the property description, any additional terms reference or linked from the property description page, the rental dates, the rental charges, the damage reporting procedure, the cleaning fees, the deposit amounts and total charges, all of which terms are by this reference incorporated into this agreement as though fully set forth.
4. Tenant agrees to Financial Terms as set forth by AirBNB. A commission to AirBNB has been paid from the amount of rent paid by tenant. **Tax rates are calculated as of the time of this Agreement. Tenant shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes according to
rates in effect at the time of occupancy.
5. Disbursement of Rent and Third Party Fees. Tenant authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent set forth in paragraph 3 above to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to Tenant`s occupancy of the Premises, and the balance of the rent upon the commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of this Agreement by Tenant, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Tenant`s occupancy of the Premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of Tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of Tenant`s tenancy.
6. Security Deposit. Any security deposit provided for in paragraph 4 above may be applied to actual damages caused by Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the security deposit the amount of any unpaid long distance or per call telephone charges and cable television charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund Tenant`s security deposit within 45 days following the end of the tenancy.
7. Trust Account. Any advance payment made by Tenant shall be deposited in a trust account with First Citizens Bank located at 1021 Main Street, Blowing Rock. Tenant agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to, the owner (or as the owner directs) as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account.
8. Tenant Duties. Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and
notifying Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during the tenancy. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation and may use the Premises for residential purposes only. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
9. Occupancy Limits. Unless otherwise stated, occupancy of the Premises shall be limited to two persons per bedroom, including family, children and Tenant guests. Bedding arrangements in the Premises are portrayed only to illustrate possible sleeping arrangements and may not be taken as a representation of permitted occupancy. Tenant agrees to be responsible for ensuring that maximum permitted occupancy of the Premises is not exceeded during the term of this agreement, and should contact Agent with any questions regarding permitted occupancy of the Premises.
10. Agent Duties. Agent agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity of any tenant.
11. Cancellation. See AirBNB rules
12.Transfer of Premises.
(a)If the owner voluntarily transfers the Premises, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the Premises if Tenant`s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee`s interest in the Premises is recorded. If Tenant`s occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after transfer of the Premises, the grantee or the grantee`s agent is required to: (i) notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the Premises, the grantee`s name and address, and the date the grantee`s interest was recorded; and (ii) advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made by Tenant. However, if the grantee engages Agent to continue managing the Premises after the transfer, the grantee shall have no obligation under (i) or (ii) above if this Agreement must be honored under the Vacation Rental Act or if the grantee agrees in writing to honor this agreement.
(b) Upon termination of the owner`s interest in the Premises, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the owner, owner`s agent, or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the owner`s successor-in-interest within 30 days, and notify Tenant by
mail of such transfer and of the transferee`s name and address. However, if Tenant`s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days after recordation of the interest of the owner`s successor-in-interest in the Premises, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred to Tenant within 30 days.
13. Mandatory Evacuation. If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, Tenant will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that Tenant is unable to occupy the Premises because of the order. However, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund if, prior to taking possession of the Premises: (i) Tenant refused insurance offered by Agent that would have compensated Tenant for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) Tenant purchased such insurance from Agent.
14. Expedited Eviction. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant`s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant`s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
15. Indemnification and Hold Harmless; Right of Entry; Assignment. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant`s guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the owner, or the failure of Agent or the owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees that Agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Agent.
16. Pets. Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto), no pets shall be allowed on the Premises. Tenant`s breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant`s tenancy.
17. Other Terms and Conditions.
Please read your confirmation and VRA carefully. You are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the information contained in these documents. The VRA binds you to a specific property for a specific period of time. Booking on AirBNB and accepting the House Rules is evidence of your acceptance of the VRA and your intent to use the property as a vacation rental.
Check-in: Check-in is 3:00 pm at your rental home. Each home has a lockbox and when you make your final payment we will email you directions along with the lockbox. It is always best to follow our directions as opposed to a GPS since they can be unreliable in the mountains. Check-in during our office hours (9-5) is advised in case of any problems. If you arrive later and have an emergency we have provided an emergency number on your check in instructions. PLEASE CALL ONLY IN THE CASE OF EMERGENCY. Other problems are best to be emailed or wait until we open the next day to call the office. Early check-ins cannot be guaranteed. Requests for early check-in in the off season only will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no earlier than the day prior to your arrival (unless you are arriving on Saturday or Sunday when the office is closed) with your request as we will not know until that day whether the house will be rented the night before you arrive. We will attempt to accommodate early check-ins depending upon the status of your rental home at that time. However, early check-ins are absolutely not possible during July or October. Please do not ask during these busy months. UNAUTHORIZED EARLY CHECK INS WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL NIGHT’S RENT.
Check-out: Check-out is by 11:00 a.m. sharp so that we can accommodate the next guests. Unapproved late check-outs will be charged the applicable daily rate to the credit card on file unless prior arrangements are made with Agent. Requests for late check-out in the off season only will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no earlier than the day prior to your departure with your request arrival (unless you are departing on Saturday or Sunday when the office is closed). We will attempt to accommodate you depending upon the status of your rental home at that time. However, late check-outs are absolutely not possible during July or October. Please do not ask during these busy months. We do ask that you do a few simple housekeeping chores prior to check out. (See Care and Cleaning below.) Upon checkout leave 1 key in the lockbox and the extra keys in the property. A $25 fee will be imposed for any lost keys.
What we provide and what you need to bring: Each vacation rental home is fully furnished according to the individual owner’s taste. Kitchens are stocked with basic cookware and dinnerware for the maximum occupancy. Some houses include spices and pantry items. Linens and towels are provided at no extra charge, as well as bedspreads, blankets and pillows. A small, starter supply of toilet tissue, garbage bags and soap products is provided, which is usually sufficient for a 2-night stay. If staying longer, tenants will need to bring additional amounts of these supplies or purchase them locally. We do not supply personal laundry detergent. Some houses with wood burning fireplaces and outdoor fire pits supply the firewood; some do not. Tenants must also bring charcoal and lighter for those homes that have charcoal grills. We ask that you help us by cleaning the grill after use.
Liability: Renters are paying guests of the individual homeowners and neither the homeowners nor Agent is not responsible or liable for any loss of the renter’s personal property or bodily injury or damage of any nature from any cause to the renter (including his guests) unless caused by the negligent or willful act of the Agent or the Owner, or the failure of the Agent or Owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. The Agent is not responsible for weather or road conditions, construction or noise near the property, power outages, acts of God, criminal activities, economic downturns, political changes, or any other activity, event or condition beyond its control. There will be no refunds, allowances, or rescheduling resulting from these conditions, except in the case of a mandatory evacuation. If state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes a home rented by one of our guests, the guest shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, the guest will be entitled to a refund of the pro-rated rent for each night that the guest is unable to occupy the home because of the order.
Occupancy: Maximum occupancy limits in vacation rental homes are set according to sleeping arrangements as well as by the capacity of the septic & water systems. Exceeding the maximum occupancy limits violates our permit and will result in rent forfeiture and the immediate eviction of tenants. Tenants in our vacation rental homes must be at least 25 years of age or with their parents and proof of age may be required at our discretion. We do not allow house parties, youth groups, fraternities, sororities, weddings, or receptions in our rental homes.
4WD: Some properties require 4wd during winter months. Please take note of this when booking. No refund will be given if you are unable to access one of these properties because you do not have 4wd.
Parking: Due to our mountainous region, parking can be limited. Tenants must observe the parking limitations of each property and must not park in undesignated areas or block access to other properties.
Trash removal: Some houses have garbage pickup but others do not due to their location. Garbage policies and/or pick-up days are posted at each rental home. PICK-UP: Please put the garbage out the night before pick-up as the garbage men may come very early in the morning. ALL GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED AND LIDS SECURED ON CANS. Critters are a real problem in the mountains so please do not leave any garbage outside cans. If you have excessive garbage, you will need to take it to the local convenience center. Hours and locations are in the notebook at the property or feel free to call the office. NO PICK-UP: Trash must be bagged and taken to a local trash convenience center. Locations and hours can be found in the property notebook. If you are checking out on a day when they are closed you may leave one small, tightly secured bag in the kitchen for housekeeping to pick up. You will be charged for any additional trash left at the property.
No firearms or fireworks: We prohibit the use of firearms and fireworks at any property.
Long distance telephones calls and pay-per-view television: Telephones are included in a number of our vacation homes for your convenience. Homes with telephones allow local and emergency calls at no charge. See the directions to the property or notebook at home for telephone number. However, most phones have blocks against long distance calls, so please plan on bringing a personal cell phone or calling card. We are sorry, but cell phone service cannot be guaranteed in our mountainous area. Pay-per-view television, including HBO, special sporting events, Show Time, and other such channels are not included in your rental unless otherwise stated at the individual home. Viewing of Pay per View programs is prohibited by Owner and will result in a charge against your deposit and/or credit card.
Mechanical failures/repairs: All equipment in the vacation rental home should be in good working order upon your arrival. Please immediately report inoperative equipment to Agent and we will make every effort to have repairs done in a timely manner during reasonable hours. Each home has smoke detectors. Please notify us immediately if they are not working. Do not wait until the end of your stay to tell us something wasn’t working properly. We have a very competent and reliable staff on call and will do our best to ensure that your stay is stress free, however, speed of service cannot be guaranteed. Mechanical failures of appliances, air-conditioning or heating systems, hot tubs, satellite/cable service, internet service, gas fireplaces or any other appliance or system that fails to operate properly during your stay are beyond our control and no refund or rent reduction will be given. Power outages occur infrequently in this area and are normally resolved quickly. No refunds will be issued for minor disruption of any utilities including, but not limited to, power outages, water outages, etc. These failures are beyond our control and no refund or rent reduction will be given.
Hot tubs: If your property includes a hot tub, special rules for its use apply. Damages, abuse, or failure to comply with stated hot tub rules which results in repair, draining and/or excessive cleaning outside our regular maintenance for normal use will result in a charge of $125 to your credit card on file. All hot tubs are professionally serviced regularly. REMEMBER, A HOT TUB IS A SPA AND NOT A BATHTUB. If you follow our simple rules, you should not have a problem with the hot tub. Please note that some people, especially children, are sensitive to the chemicals used to keep a hot tub clean and sanitary. We are not responsible for personal reactions to hot tub chemicals.
Care and cleaning: All of our properties are professionally cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Cleaning issues must be reported to Management. If you do not give us the opportunity to make things right we will not consider any refund of rent. Most homes have locked owner’s closets or drawers, and we ask that you respect these spaces as they are not included in the rental. Please respect the owner’s property by taking care of it as if it were your own. Please do not rearrange the furniture or move any articles from their original position. If you do move things, you will be responsible for the cost of returning items to their original position and for any damage caused by moving them (i.e scratch floors etc…). Guests are expected to keep the home neat during their stay and a small amount of basic cleaning supplies is provided. Upon check out we do require guests to remove and bag all trash and place in either outside cans or take to the dump per house instructions, load the dishwasher and turn it on, place soiled towels in the laundry room, and in general leave the property tidy. Additionally, if guests use the outdoor grills, they must be cleaned after use and, if gas, the gas must be turned off at the propane tank. Covers on hot tubs and fire pits must be secured. Your signature on the VRA authorizes us to charge an appropriate amount, up to $100, for additional cleaning beyond the standard clean as a result of your occupancy. All our vacation rental homes are nonsmoking: Smoking inside our rental homes is strictly prohibited. If evidence of smoking inside one of our vacation rental homes is found, there will be a $250 clean up and air restoration fee charged to your card after departure. By signing our VRA, Agent is authorized to charge this fee to your card on file.
Items left behind: Please ensure that you have removed all personal items prior to departure. We cannot be held responsible for tenants’ failure to do so. Due to our remote locations, packaging and shipping forgotten articles is unusually difficult. A $25 fee plus postage will be charged to return any items left behind. Lost and found items unclaimed after 30 days are turned over to local charities.
18. Governing Law; Venue. The parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, and that in the event of a dispute, any legal action may only be instituted in the county where the Property is located.
19. Addenda. Any addenda to this Agreement are described in the following space and attached hereto:
Tenant agrees that Tenant has received and read any such addenda, and that they shall constitute an integral part of this Agreement.
THE NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE LEGAL VALIDITY OR ADEQUACY OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS FORM IN ANY SPECIFIC TRANSACTION. USE OF THIS FORM IS NOT INTENDED TO IDENTIFY THE USER AS A REALTOR®.
Este anfitrión tiene 17 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones