Fortunately for Chrissy I ran out of time to leave this review for her:
☆ Do Not Book This Guest ☆
A few reasons:
• Already has negative reviews by other hosts. I made the mistake of giving her a chance, even told her prior to staying that if it's not legit (meaning if she's planning on being shady during her stay) to go ahead and cancel the reservation before hand. She lied and said it was legit.
• My listing says no pets. Chrissy already knows this but, obviously disregarded those rules and decided to bring a dog (pitbull) into my home. It was obvious she knew the rules since it was easy to see her making an attempt to cover the dog with bags etc as she came to the front door. (There is 24 hr recorded surveillance at the front door) Once the dog was inside, it was never let out (to avoid being seen I assume). Mind you, I HAVE WOOD FLOORING. Her argument was that it was a pet friendly complex and that her dog used pee pads lol.. oh, so that makes it OK?
One, she wouldn't have known this was a pet friendly complex until she got here. and two, their entire trip must have revolved around getting this dog because they purchased a pet carrier from Walmart 2 days into their stay.
• I contacted Air BNB immediately once I realized there was a dog in my place. They tried to contact Chrissy for over an hour, no response. It was 10pm and I know they were home per the video camera. At this point not having any luck with contacting the guest, Air BNB advised me to ask the guest to leave since they are breaking the terms of their agreement. And to take any action necessary to do so. So I go to the property, banged hard enough on the door multiple times (even with a piece of metal) to the point that the neighbors below came outside to see what was going on. No response. Ok, so at this point maybe they are unresponsive because of something else?! At a loss of options, I turn to the police as a last resort. As any host knows, you can only assume the worse about what is going on and the condition inside your property. Police show up, bang on the door for 5 mins. Ask me to allow them to have access and I agree. Finally a man comes out, arguing with the police and trying to close the door on them multiple times saying he needs an hour before they go. The police officers (2) at this point say no, you have 15 mins!
Chrissy writes me an email after they leave saying how disrespectful I am for calling the cops on her in the middle of the night.
I'm sorry, if you're going to break rules the punishment does not work around YOUR schedule.
As a host you don't have much leverage to begin with. Not knowing what the guest is doing inside of the property is stressful enough even in a typical situation. To them it's just a dog. To me it's 5k on a new floor, loss of time/business to make repairs (if needed) and on MY dime since I'd have to go through civil court to sue for damages, future guest allergies....etc etc... but they of course, can only blame me for this happening.
• Smoking inside of the space. Not only prohibited but there is a sign on the front door as a reminder.
• Last but not least, the hot water works fine. I have no idea why she said it wasn't working. 70 reviews and not one mention of this from anyone else. I even checked it the night she was there, worked for me!!?
Just do yourself a favor and pass on this one.
Oh the kicker - she's threatening me with a lawyer and asked for a refund.