This home is unique as it is so close to downtown you can stand in the front yard and see it. Perfect for families with little ones, where strolling & coming back for nap time is important. Just a block to the beach and Prom! Charming house with unique décor in each room, for family vacation, business trips or retreats. Downtown shopping, restaurants, arcade and Convention Center are 5 blocks away. Lovingly maintained, if Grandma had a darling beach house, this would be it!
The ironing board & iron are in the hall closet under the stairs.
There are 2 extra keys with wooden fobs & a garage door opener on the kitchen counter.
Please return them to those spots.
Disponible para huéspedes
You may have access to all of the living areas of the house. Some closets are locked & not accessible.
Do not use any of the rooms or the back yard as a kennel. See Doggie Do's & Don'ts on the fridge.
Atención a los huéspedes
Our cell phone numbers are on the fridge in the kitchen. You may find it helpful to put these in your contacts on your phones. Feel free to contact us if you need to, but please try John first as Laura is still an employee for someone else during the day.
Otros aspectos destacables
If you're going to have a reunion or large group, there are several other vacation rentals near by.
AIRBNB will begin collecting city tax in August 2017. Until that time, renters who have booked their reservations before Aug, 1, 17 will need to leave us a check for the 10 % tax. I will let you know that fee when I email you after you set your reservation and will ask for your acknowledgement in our communications. Please be prepared to pay this in cash or check.
This lovely home is designed to host those who want to experience a charming 100 year old cottage by the ocean. Our home is a destination for one or more couples, a friend’s weekend, business trip or a nice vacation at one of the most beautiful places in Oregon. It's awesome location is 1 block to the Promenade & beach, 5 blocks to downtown, close to all sorts of outdoor adventures as well as indoor cultural activities. You don’t even have to drive if you don’t want to. Our home is reminiscent of visiting your Grandma’s house in the mid-century era. The kitchen is big and includes high chair and eating bar for 2 & is fully equipped with new electric stove/oven, dishwasher, a coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator and a variety of cookware and utensils. It's all here! The lower bathroom is small but efficient with a tub/shower, a toilet, and a sink. It is also fully supplied with toilet paper, hair dryer & hand soaps. The upper half bath has a large vanity sink & toilet but no bath or shower. Outdoors our nicely landscaped front yard has cottage style fencing so that your little ones or small dogs can roam freely with supervision. In back is a small fenced patio where you will find 2 Weber Kettle briquette BBQ’s. Please bring your own briquette's. Please do not use the back yard as a kennel.
Laura’s parents moved here in 1964. Some of our neighbors have been friends here for 40+ years. We love our neighbors. Please do all you can to respect their peace & their properties.
Our home is not a "party" house but is a home that provides a charming nostalgic atmosphere for individuals and families who respect others' belongings and property.
The maximum number of travelers is limited to 9 adult persons. Children under 3 don’t count as adults. Our house has beds enough for 8 adults. You may bring 9 adults. We do not charge extra for this. The additional person is welcome to sleep on the couch or floor. There should be extra bedding in one of the bedroom closets. Our license allows us to rent to 9 adults but we simply don’t have room for that may beds.
People other than those in the traveler’s party may not stay overnight in the property.
- Please treat our home with respect & as if you were going to clean it yourself. Please take your shoes off before coming into carpeted areas of house. Do not bring sand into the house or wash sand off of your cloths in the house or garage sinks or bathing area. Please do not wash fish or clam or any other guts or sand down the drain. Wrap them tightly in paper & a plastic bag & dispose of in the outside garbage.
- Parking is available in the garage, driveway & side yard, limited to 3 vehicle(s).
- Smoking is not allowed. Our insurance company does not allow the use of the fireplace.
- Tenant shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection and yard care. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur or loss of personal belongings or valuables while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all travelers are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. The travelers may not sub-let the property. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- At check out: Please: Follow instructions posted on the refrigerator.
There is a cleaning fee of $120 included in your charges & a damage deposit authorization of $250 .