Retired and living the Island life, Cindy and I welcome you to stay in our wonderful one bedroom apartment on the ground floor of our home. 100 steps from the beach, just blocks from the Historic Pleasure Pier, great restaurants and shops. Sleeps a family of four comfortably.
One large bedroom with King sized bed, dresser and desk. Walk in closet with stacked washer and dryer. Bathroom with tub/shower combo. The living room has a unique built in sectional with two extra long twin beds. After a long day at the beach, many of our guests fall asleep on these beds watching the 40" flat screen tv. Fully equipped island kitchen and dining room with all new stainless steel appliances. An outdoor patio has a small dining table and two adirondack chairs to relax in.
Disponible para huéspedes
During your stay you will have access to the complete one bedroom apartment on the first floor of our home. This includes a first floor patio with outdoor dining and lounging area. There are no stairs or steps in this apartment making it perfect for an older couple challenged to climb stairs. The apartment is completely separate from our home with a double locking door into our garage which remains locked. The perimeter of our home is under 24hour video surveillance by six individual cameras recorded 24 hrs a day.
Atención a los huéspedes
Retired and living the island life, Cindy and I live above the property. If you need anything during your stay feel free to grab us, we're usually headed to the beach or out fishing. We also offer discounted private fishing charters and day cruises aboard our 32' Century center console boat to all of our guests. Guests leaving on a cruise ship can park free beside our home.
- MINIMUM RENTAL AGE: We rent only to responsible adults over the age of 25. At check-in, the renter must present a valid photo ID. The renter must be present at check-in, at check-out and reside at the property during the entire stay.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Strict city ordinances regarding occupancy apply to our property. Occupancy at our property is limited to a maximum number of four (4) overnight guests. A total of no more than eight (8) persons may be inside the apartment at any given time. This includes infants and children. We do not rent to prom groups or party groups. Your deposit will be subject to forfeiture if you exceed maximum occupancy on the property. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- MINIMUM STAY: The minimum stay is two consecutive nights.
- RESERVATION CONFIRMATION: Reservations will be considered confirmed once we have accepted your reservation request on AirBnB.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit is $200. An inspection will be conducted before renter's arrival and upon renter's departure. Security deposit is returned provided there has not been damage to the property, missing items, violations of the rental terms nor has the home been left excessively dirty. Security deposit shall be paid via the AirBnB reservation system.
- PAYMENT: All payments for services are handled through the Airbnb online system.
- PETS: Sorry, but due to past issues with untrained pets, we no longer allow them in the apartment.
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. If you are going to be later than 10:00 p.m. please let us know ahead of time, so that arrangements can be made. Please call Tim at ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or Cindy at ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) when you are driving over the causeway/bridge/ferry so that we can meet you at the property for check-in. Check out time is 11 am. Please call Cindy or myself on the phone to meet you at the apartment for a quick check out walkthrough. If you need a different check-out time, please let us know at check-in and we will attempt to accommodate your needs. If you check out late, you will be charged an additional night's rent.
- BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR: Please be respectful of the neighbors in the area, most of whom are full-time residents. This is not a party house. We don't allow any loud parties, loud music or violations of ordinances and laws. If the police are called to the property during your stay, renter and guests are subject to immediate ejection from the property, at the discretion of the owner, 24 hours a day. Violations of any of the rental terms may subject renter and guests to immediate ejection from the property. If this occurs, no refunds will be issued, all payments will be forfeited.
- CLEANING: We charge a cleaning fee of $55 per stay. Please leave the property in the same condition you found it in at check-in.
- PARKING: Parking is limited to street parking only. We allow two cars per rental, no exceptions. We will provide two passes for your stay. Cars not displaying these passes are subject to parking tickets which will be the responsibility of the renter. Failure to return the parking pass will result in a $50 fee per pass, which will be deducted from your deposit.
- SMOKING/ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: Smoking is STRICTLY prohibited anywhere on the property. Deposits will not be refunded if there is any evidence of smoking. Any use or evidence of illegal substances anywhere on the property is strictly prohibited, and will result in loss of your deposit and immediate ejection from the property.
- CANCELLATIONS: We have a strict cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made through the AirBnB system.
- While we will work hard to address any problems in a timely manner, there will be no refund for problems related to appliances, plumbing, electricity, mechanical failure, utility failure or circumstances which are beyond our control. We do not refund for any inclement weather, unless there is an official evacuation order by the City of Galveston or Galveston County. In the event of an evacuation order, there will be a refund for 1) the specific days the order is in effect and 2) any subsequent days where storm damage prevents occupancy.
- PROPERTY DAMAGE AND LOSS: We are not responsible for losses, damages, or injuries incurred by renters, their guests or their property. Renters are responsible for loss, injuries or damage resulting from intentional acts, gross negligence, accidents by renters or their guests, or damage or injuries caused by any approved or unapproved animals on the property. We are not responsible for any personal items left by renters or their guests.
Retired from U.S. Gov Law Enforcement, Cindy and I spend our time hanging out with friends and family vacationing on Galveston Island.